DEPARTMENT OF INTERNAL MEDICINE
The Department of Internal Medicine provides a wide range of diagnoses and treatments for patients with internal diseases. From the moment of admission to the discharge from the hospital, the patient remains under the constant care of a qualified medical and nursing staff. The multidisciplinary experience of the medical team (diabetologist, cardiologist, nephrologists and endocrinologists) led by Andrzej Kosydar, MD, covers the most common diseases of affluence and guarantees a high level of health services at every stage of the diagnosis and treatment.
Placing the Department of Internal Diseases in the structures of a modern, multidisciplinary hospital with quick access to extensive diagnostic facilities simplifies and significantly accelerates the course of both the diagnostic and therapeutic processes. The Department has at its disposal high-class diagnostic imaging equipment – ultrasound, X-ray, MRI and CT. The hospital laboratory provides immediate access to a vast number of analytical tests. The Department cooperates with the Endoscopy Unit, equipped with high-end diagnostic devices operated by experienced endoscopists, where all of the procedures on the gastrointestinal tract (gastroscopy, colonoscopy) and the bronchial tree (bronchoscopy) can be performed.
The Department has 19 beds in high-standard rooms and 3 beds in the intensive medical supervision room. Hospitalisation takes place in air-conditioned, double and triple rooms with bathrooms, TV and free Internet access.
Our patients, after leaving the hospital, have the choice of continuing the treatment on an outpatient basis – in the nephrology clinic, diabetes clinic, endocrinology clinic and cardiology clinic, under the supervision of the specialists from the Department of Internal Medicine.
Responding to the needs of our patients, the Department is also in constant contact with provincial and national reference centres of numerous medical disciplines.
We diagnose and treat:
- cardiovascular system disorders
- diabetes and its complications, and other metabolic disorders
- digestive system disorders
- rheumatological diseases and systemic diseases of the connective tissue
- endocrine disorders
- haematological diseases
Close cooperation with the Hospital Diagnostic Centre allows highly specialised, non-invasive tests to be conducted:
- Endoscopy Unit – gastrointestinal procedures (gastroscopy, colonoscopy)
- Imaging Diagnostics Units: X-ray, CT, MRI
- Ultrasound Laboratory (US): US of the thyroid gland, neck, abdomen, lymph nodes, salivary glands, Doppler US of the carotid arteries, the upper and lower limbs, renal vessels and veins of the lower extremities, arteriovenous fistulas (for dialysis)
As part of the cardiological diagnostics, we perform the following tests:
- CT angiography (including coronary angiography – non-reimbursed test)
- transthoracic and transoesophageal ECG
- ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Holter ECG
- artery ultrasound
- cardiac stress test on a treadmill
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
Andrzej KOSYDAR, MD, a specialist in internal medicine and nephrology
HEAD OF CARDIOLOGY UNIT
Piotr GOŁĄB, MD, PhD, a specialist in internal medicine and cardiology
Monika RYŚCIUK, NP, specialist in conservative nursing
Aneta KOŁODZIEJ-KŁĘK, MD, internal medicine specialist, nephrologist, endocrinologist
Grzegorz ŚWIDER, MD, PhD, internal medicine specialist, endocrinologist
Beata ŻŁOBECKA-PASIERB, MD, internal medicine specialist, diabetologist
Jakub DRĄŻEK, MD, internal medicine specialist