DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SURGERY
The General Surgery ward offers a wide spectrum of procedures of general and oncological surgery, using modern techniques and methods. The ward specialises in laparoscopic surgery, gallbladder, hernia and varicose veins surgeries. Hernia surgeries are performed using the tension-free method with a plastic mesh, in line with the modern surgery standards.
We provide our patients with the best possible conditions of their stay, full safety of the surgical procedures and extremely careful care by a qualified team of specialists – physicians and nurses – whose work is supervised by Krzysztof Freygant, MD.
The department has 10 beds in high standard rooms. Hospitalisation takes place in air-conditioned, double and triple rooms with bathrooms, TV and free Internet access.
The surgical procedures are performed within the reimbursement contact with the National Health Fund, as well as for a fee. The medical team consult patients in the general surgery outpatient clinic.
General and oncological surgery:
- cholelithiasis and choledocholithiasis, using laparoscopic or traditional methods
- hernia surgery with mesh implantation
- lower limbs varicose vein surgeries
- breast surgery (treatment of benign and malignant breast cancer)
- surgical treatment of the thyroid
- surgical treatment of lymph nodes
- surgical treatment of the stomach, intestines and appendix
- surgical treatment of skin lesions (benign and malignant)
- diagnostic laparoscopy
HEAD PHYSICIAN OF THE ORTHOPAEDIC DEPARTMENT
Krzysztof FREYGANT, MD, specialist in general surgery
Iwona STRZELEC, NP
Alfred ORŁOWSKI, MD, specialist in general surgery
Andrzej SUROWIEC, MD, PhD, specialist in general surgery